Tuesday 24 April 2018

POEM: REASON


Reason
A million angels
fall laughing
from the head of a pin
while your body’s warmth
is on the sheets.
 


I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO SAY about this one. I had a feeling of loneliness and longing. (Hey! Don't we all?) And when you’re in love or want to be, reason and logic and all the whirling nonsense that spins around inside your head that constantly judges, analyzes, calculates, sorts and organizes how you’re supposed to fit such feelings into your life; all of that goes by the wayside, like laughing angels falling from the head of a pin, while someone's body warmth is still on the sheets. Someone who has gone but will perhaps return?
 
I DREW the image from a photograph I had somewhere. I used a fine-tipped mechanical pen and I 'dotted her in’. I love the image of her uncovered, yet safe. (I'm not crazy about the 'scene' outside the window. I should have drawn clouds or something.)

Cheers, Jake.




No comments: