Sunday 2 June 2024

CRINGE PIC OF THE MONTH


I NEARLY WOOFED tea all over my keyboard as my busy fingers accidentally clicked on this image. At first, I couldn’t figure out why the Lady in Black looked so familiar. Then I realized it was Cher from Sonny and Cher fame, a lifetime ago. I thought she was dead, but it seems among its many medicinal benefits, Botox can preserve and extend human life. After a fashion. No more wrinkles, or saggy skin. No laugh lines or crow’s feet, just skin pulled and tucked and injected with filler, and made so taunt you could play bongo drums on those cheeks. (And no, I will not present salacious photographs of botoxed breasts and derrieres that are of interest to certain readers. To them I say: “Do your own research!”)
👉I have to say that Cher 2.0 gave me a twinge in my gut, like from some feral bit of undigested meat that refuses to go out like it’s supposed to but instead stays long past its due date. Folks, there’s a disturbance in the Force, here. I can’t put by finger on it, but perhaps it’s Cher’s boyfriend, Alexander Edwards, 38, a record industry executive and a mere forty years younger than the former popstar. [Grandmommy issues. Ed.] 
    Long hair confusing? Cher is on the right.
The couple have been together for over two and a half years, a lifetime for some, the drying of a tear for others. 
 

👉Aging gracefully is an art that needs to be rehearsed often before you’re ready to take that final curtain with any sort of aplomb. And most importantly: Please stick to the script as written.
  
👉The memorable line from Dennis Hopper’s character in the zombie flick, “Land of the Dead”, comes to mind: “Zombies, man, they creep me out.”     
 Roger that, Dennis!
 
Cheers, Jake.
 
 
 

No comments: