Saturday, 10 October 2026

CRINGE PIC: SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE THE WARBABY OUT TO THE WOODSHED AND GIVE HIM A GOOD HIDING. HE RAISES THE BILE IN US AND WE WILL NOT HAVE IT!

  
 
I KNOW IT’S BEEN
quite a few years now and memories fade and people’s faces blur with the passage of time, so I shouldn't be surprise finding that I am hard-pressed, now, to match names to faces with any accuracy.
IT'S THESE darn cataracts; they give everything a foggy halo. And that’s funny considering one of them is Adolf Hitler, the LAST person deserving any angel gear. The other, I am told, is the current United States Secretary of Defence, Pete Hegseth (who styles himself “Secretary of War”)*. If I squint, I can just make out one of them wearing a tailored suit with the sleeves and shoulders cut to display biceps and pec muscles. I can see that both have as a backdrop a rather large and intimidating eagle1, its wings outstretched, with Hitler and Hegseth mirroring the gesture with their open-armed posture. As I’ve said, my old eyes can only see cloudy haloes around their heads; their faces are blurred and unclear. But one of them isn’t Hitler, though I’ll be danged if I can tell the difference.
 
 
CHEERS, JAKE.
 _______________________________________________
 
*Hegseth changed the name of the Defence Department to the “War Department”. He did so arbitrarily, and unconstitutionally, since only the U.S. Congress has the authority to name the various departments of government. But Hegseth, like Big Daddy Trump, won’t be deterred by the Constitution or rule of law.
 
1. As a point of interest, the Great Seal of the United States, which is the country’s official coat of arms and national emblem (adopted in 1782) depicts an eagle holding arrows in one talon, symbolizing the power and readiness for war and an olive branch in the other, symbolizing peace. Here, Pete’s Department of War has altered the national emblem, depicting the eagle holding only arrows in its talons.     
 
 
 

No comments: